Sunday, November 17, 2013

Monday Muses

Monday Muses
Question:Write about something that you recently saw, did, thought or talked about, listened to, or watched that inspired you. It could be a fun activity that you did over the weekend, a sports game you participated in, movie you watched. Describe it.


I just came back from an auditon at Murrow High School for Drama. When we got there we got a worksheet that had a question on it that said, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

This made me think. I don't have a definite decision but I’m pretty sure I want to be an actress.
Since I was little, I loved to act. I would play family, dress up, vet, house and many other games that involved being a different character. I love acting because it is a bit of an escape from real life. It gives you the ability to make a new person out of yourself.

In MS 51, drama is my talent. I love it because in 6th grade, you start off with a big group of kids your age that you hardly know, and by the end of 8th grade you all become best friends - like family. We worked together two times every week for about an hour and a half (2 class periods) and practice things like rehearsing plays, improv, drama games, memorization. It is so much fun.

Other than in school, I have performed in plays in my summer community. One play I did was, Check Please, where I was a little boy and a mime. It was a really great experience because I got to work with adults instead of students. Also, when I was about 10-years old I wrote a play with my two friends called, Annie’s Parents, about a girl with crazy parents. I was the dad and everyone thought it was hilarious the way I looked in boy clothes.


There are so many famous actors and actresses that it inspires me to become one. I can’t believe I am even thinking of this now when I’m only 13. Overall I don't know what I definitely want to be when I grow up, but seeing a bunch of famous actors makes me want t become one.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this because when i grow up I don't know what i want to be. I agree with you in 6th grade i didn't know anyone and in 8th grade we all became friends and best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww this is really sweet!
    you wrote really well too and you made your point with good anecdotes

    ReplyDelete